Wednesday, January 13, 2010

My Big Goal Has Been Reached!

So, I was going to do a Wordless Wednesday this week, but today, I've made a big achievement. After moving away from my family and having my son, I stopped going to High School to focus on raising my kiddo. I went back off and on as much as I could to further progress with my studies. I went off and on due to my husband working, me not being able to drive and most times the lack of a way there.

This past school year, I tried going back to the actual High School with kids a lot younger then me, and homework and stuff. With it just being my husband and I at home, and a babysitter who was not always available because she has a family of her own, I struggled at formal High School.

So, I decided to switch to Alternative Education, where it was the same material, only I had to stay for just three hours each day, and I could work at my own pace. Along the way though there were sometimes when I could not attend due to personal issues, but even then, I took work home with me so I could keep progressing.

Today, I finally finished everything. I have completed High School, and will be receiving my diploma in May! I have to say thank you to all the people who have supported me and didn't look down on me for the fact that I am just now graduating at twenty years old. I could not have done it without: Patty for sacrificing her family time to care for my son, My husband for being a constant source of support and not letting me give up ( I wanted to a lot)! Also, I wanted to thank my sister Kati for all her tough love and support! I know I can be a pain in the butt sometimes!

So, my message to all mothers is: Never let anything keep you from doing something you want to do!

1 comments:

Poiiisencandy From VF said...

Wow Congrats so much! I got my GED after not being able to complete Highschool due to my mothers medical conditions. So I understand how having a strong support system behind you means everything in the world. -silent clapping for supportive husbands- Mine was there through everything as well.

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates